Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 04:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Urgent

Started by backwardsbike, Feb 13, 2006, 08:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

Soc,
  All parties are in PA.  I an a NCM.  FOr the past five years I have had an order which gave me EOW, half of all Summers and half of all holidays.

There were numerous problems which involved the CP not being at all flexible with the children's time.  He delays giving an answer about how hoilday time will be divided.  He constantly plans vacations for my weeks in the summer and Fills the children's time for my weekends and will not allow any compensatory time.

I had a custody modifcation scheduled for Feb. 2, 2006.  The Judge did not hear the case.  He instead listened to the childen and decided that no changes would be made to the order.

Through my attorney, I suggested the father and I attend counseling aimed at helping us to negotiate better between us so as to avoid constantly having to go back to court.  The judge agreed and an order was made.

In the court room after briefly telling us what the children had told him he dictated an order which was to incluled all of the time I had had before plus the counseling.

I recieved the order on Feb. 11,2006.  It includes nothing but EOW!  There is no holiday schedule.  There is nothing about Summers with the children.

I have contacted my attorney and she told me that she would have the judge do an amended order.

Many things ahve happened in my case which seemed "unusual".  the Judge makes no secret that he dislikes me and has not respect for my decison making in that I left a man who acts like the pillar of the community for one who the judge feels is less than optimum.

I have a great fear of being railroaded right out of my kids lives.

Questions:

Is there a time limit to have an amended order completed?

IS there anything I can do to ensure that I do not loose the time I had previously been having with my children?

socrateaser

>Questions:
>
>Is there a time limit to have an amended order completed?

Time limits for court action are usually dictated by the Supreme Court of the state. Sometimes there are limits, other times not. I can't address PA law on this issue, because I don't know, but I suggest that longer than 30 days to amend the order is out of line, and that if your attorney needs to file a motion for reconsideration on grounds that the order does not reflect the judge's findings and conclusions appearing on the court record.