Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PA child support question

Started by backwardsbike, Apr 28, 2006, 03:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

All parties in PA.  I am NCP with EOW, half of summers and half of holidays.

I will be returning to grad school.  I currently pay child support.  When I go back to school I will be living on a small stipend that is paid monthly.  There is also the possiblity of other grant monies beign available to me as a lump sum.

Currently, I recieve disability beenfits which will end in a few months due to the terms of the contract with the insurance carrier and the definition of disability.

Questions:

Must I report any of the grant money to Domestic Relations for the purpose of paying child support?

Is there a difference between being paid the lump sum versus the monthly stipend?

Is it likely that I have my income imputed adn stillhave to pay my current rate?

socrateaser

>Questions:
>
>Must I report any of the grant money to Domestic Relations for
>the purpose of paying child support?

If there is a modification hearing pending and you are ordered to disclose your financial condition, then yes. Otherwise, not.

>
>Is there a difference between being paid the lump sum versus
>the monthly stipend?

It depends on what the money is for, precisely. If it were being paid directly to the school for your tuition, then you could argue that it's not really income, but rather your tuition is being discounted or eliminated. But, if it's being paid to you for living expenses, then it's income, regardless of the apportionment of payments, and it may be subject to use for calculating your support obligation.

>
>Is it likely that I have my income imputed adn stillhave to
>pay my current rate?

You're asking for me to "consult the bones." Courts look for ways to charge obligor parents, so it's always more likely that you'll pay more than less. Beyond that, I can't speculate.