Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 05:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Update and ?

Started by DecentDad, May 07, 2006, 07:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecentDad

Soc,

On Tues, judge said he really wanted to see the child in therapy by end of week if at all possible (he made orders for therapy to occur at least 3 times in 30 days, but his comment on urgency was not in the orders).

I made contact with minor's counsel on Wednesday, gave him quick summary of the case's legal history (on his request), and I asked if he'd be available to select a psychologist for child, to avoid any delay or back-and-forth between mom and I on choosing one.  He was positive about that, describing a few clinicians who he thinks would be great, and that he'd be willing to get on the phone to arrange an ASAP appointment if we want him to.

On Thurs AM, I sent OC a fax, asking her to stipuate to let GAL pick the psychologist, indicating GAL's willingness, so we could get child into an appointment on Thurs or Friday; as the court urged.  I cc'd GAL.

Thurs at 4pm, OC faxed back, suggesting we use the school psychologist or another person (who isn't qualified, per court orders for a psychologist or psychiatrist).  She didn't respond to my request to let GAL pick one.

Thurs PM, I faxed again, asking that she respond to my request to agree to just let GAL pick the person.  I noted that school psychologist was inappropriate and that the other person was not qualified.  I suggested a couple names back, if they refuse to let GAL pick one.  I again cc'd GAL.

I didn't hear anything back on Friday.

Note: child supposedly made suicide threat on Monday.  It's almost a week later, and mom has yet to agree with me on urgency of a psychologist.

I've seen child on Wednesday and Saturday.  She's her normal self, a bit confused by what's going on, but playful and happy as always.

GAL requested I send him whatever I want him to review (pleadings, pictures, evidence, etc).  I've got 40 minute (hidden camcorder) videotape from May 3 dinner (i.e., first time I saw child after suicide threat).  Child was normal self, engaged, animated, cooperative, hungry, joking.  I announced date/time at beginning of recording.

On May 6, my wife videotaped child and me reading books, as we do after coming back from our routine Saturday library trips.  Child snuggles against me, head on my shoulder, as we read the new books together in her room.  Wife announced date/time at beginning of recording.

1.  At what point do I contact GAL and ask, "Is there something you can do here to get child into see a psychologist?"  Or do I just sit back at this point?  Orders are that parents will meet and confer to agree on one, and that parents will alternate taking child (dad takes her first).

2.  If/when this is all found to be a farce, is falsely reporting a child as suicidal (and willfully creating all this chaos in a child's life) a significant change of circumstance?

3.  Appropriate to send those videotapes to GAL?

socrateaser

>1.  At what point do I contact GAL and ask, "Is there
>something you can do here to get child into see a
>psychologist?"  Or do I just sit back at this point?  Orders
>are that parents will meet and confer to agree on one, and
>that parents will alternate taking child (dad takes her
>first).

Fax OC and state that the court indicated this was an urgent matter, that the simplest manner of selecting a theraplist is to leave it in the GAL's able hands, and being that the court wanted three sessions in 30 days, that if you don't receive an agreement by Tues morning, that you will file an ex parte motion requesting that the court order the GAL to select the psychologist on grounds that it appears that the other parent is refusing to cooperate in good faith with the intent to frustrate your exercise of custody.

>
>2.  If/when this is all found to be a farce, is falsely
>reporting a child as suicidal (and willfully creating all this
>chaos in a child's life) a significant change of
>circumstance?

Yes. It's an affirmative act against the child's interest to deprive you of custody for a reason not related to the child's safety and welfare.

>3.  Appropriate to send those videotapes to GAL?

Yep.

DecentDad