Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help with dental question?

Started by dadinva2006, May 04, 2006, 10:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socrateaser

>Why am I "losing it at every turn" (the game)?
>Am I doing something wrong?

Your post implies that you feel you are being defeated. If this is not the case, then I apologize for drawing the inference.

As for whether your doing something wrong, I don't know, but if I were representing you, I would have tried to obtain a temporary joint custody order from the court, and not a visitation order, because visitation is an extremely subordinate position with respect to the other parent.

If you are working towards a custody trial and you believe you have a good case for joint custody, then you can certainly wait. In the meanwhile, however, you do not have the authority or rights which permit you to direct the child's dental care -- which is the original subject of this thread.

So, until you do, your complaint, while deserving of considerable sympathy/empathy, has no legal basis.

notnew

I think what Soc is saying is that the legal rights you are entitled to in regards to your child are spelled out in our temp. vistiation order basically.

You are assuming that becuase your are on the birth certificate, that you have all rights as should any parent. However, this "game" isn't played that way.

are you telling us that you have a temporary visitation order that doesn't stipulate who has custody?  Sounds highly unusual to me.

I know this is an highly charged emotional issue for you. If you go into the court like that, you will most likely do poorly. You need to gather your wits about you and begin to look at this as the court will - like a business relationship as hard as it sounds. You need to document all the facts of your case and present them in the proper format. The court doesn't want to have to deal with petty or he-said she-said matters. do you have an attorney? If so, these matters should be brought to his/her attention to be acted on accordingly. If not, you need to educate yourself on proper procedures, etc., so you can represent yourself adequately. If you go in unprepared and don't follow the rules an attorney would have to abide by, you most likely won't do very well in the end.

What kind of case do you have pending? When is your next court date?

Soc is telling you that a request needs to be made for the court to clarify issues becuase the parent's cannot work them out.

I think that some more detail may make it a little easier to understand exactly what you are concerned about.

Also, remember that you may not get the answers  you want to on this site, but you will get the answers you need to.

Good Luck!

I cry_ in_the_dark

I'm certainly not Soc and can't give you any legal advice, nor will I try to. All I can do is tell it like it is.

I am the NCP, with JOINT legal custody. What does that mean? Basically, NOTHING. I had physical custody for 5 years, and when dad got physical custody. I became an alien.

He changed my son's eye doctor, who saved my son's sight when he was 4 years old without so much as getting medical records transferred. He took my son off of his ADHD medication for a year until it became apparent that mom wasn't wrong after all, at which point the whole process of diagnosis had to begin again and my son basically lost 2 years of his schooling.

Even after providing the court order to the school on SEVERAL occasions, the school will not co-operate with me. And the whole "funny" thing about that is, the school is well aware that dear old dad would not co-operate in trying to get my son help when he needed it.

I don't want to sound discouraging here, I'm just telling you what to expect. You'll find a rare few who will co-operate, like, my kids family doctor. But other than that...learn to bend over and take it....

dadinva2006

Yes I have an attorney
The case I have pending is for custody. The trial date is set in October 2006. I am asking for primary physical and joint legal custody.

I am filing another temp motion because BM tell me she doesn't need to let daughter talkto me because according to the temp order visitation is all I get.

notnew

Soc said you should file for a temp joint custody order. I agree and urge you to speak with your attorney about it. You should also have details regarding contact with child spelled out clearly. This would be a temp. order until the final is established in October. That seems a long way off for a trial date.

Good Luck!