Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 05:53:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PA CS Question

Started by backwardsbike, Jun 10, 2006, 04:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

Hi Soc!

All parties in PA.  I am NCM.  I have parenting time with my children EOW and half of summers.  

This year my DD is going to be a part of the band at school.  This will necessitate a lot fo travel.  I live about 35 miles from the school.  During the week of Band camp, whihc is my week of custody I willhave to drive in excess of 600 miles to get DD to and from the camp each day.

I currently pay support.  I am within 135% of federal poverty level.

My X refuses to either help with the transportation or to do any reimbursment for gas.  His position is : "IF you don't wanna transport then don't exercise custody.

Question:

Is there anything I can file with Domestic Relations to obtain some financil relief from the large amount of money I will need to spend on gas?

socrateaser

>Hi Soc!
>
>All parties in PA.  I am NCM.  I have parenting time with my
>children EOW and half of summers.  
>
>This year my DD is going to be a part of the band at school.
>This will necessitate a lot fo travel.  I live about 35 miles
>from the school.  During the week of Band camp, whihc is my
>week of custody I willhave to drive in excess of 600 miles to
>get DD to and from the camp each day.
>
>I currently pay support.  I am within 135% of federal poverty
>level.
>
>My X refuses to either help with the transportation or to do
>any reimbursment for gas.  His position is : "IF you don't
>wanna transport then don't exercise custody.
>
>Question:
>
>Is there anything I can file with Domestic Relations to obtain
>some financil relief from the large amount of money I will
>need to spend on gas?

File a motion requesting a temporary change to the custody orders permitting you to exercise custody during a different week, and in the alternative that the court order the other parent to contribute to this unforeseeable additional transport cost.

You ask for both and take what you can get. Both facts represent a change in circumstances for modifying custody/support, at least temporarily.

Obviously, the cost of fighthing may exceed the cost of driving. But, I can't help that.