Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody reversal and child support enforcement

Started by dipper, Jun 20, 2006, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Soc,

No questions - just a bit of info for those who may deal with this.  I am in Virginia.  Custody reversal took place last week.  As child support case was being enforced through division of child support enforcement, I chose to ask them to review.

Caseworker called last week and said that they will not enforce once they have proof that custody has reversed.   She did say that I would still have to go to court to actually get a judge to stop and order support.

I got a statement today stating that requested review cannot be done as no support is ordered in the DCSE case anymore.

We are in Virginia.....

socrateaser

>Soc,
>
>No questions - just a bit of info for those who may deal with
>this.  I am in Virginia.  Custody reversal took place last
>week.  As child support case was being enforced through
>division of child support enforcement, I chose to ask them to
>review.
>
>Caseworker called last week and said that they will not
>enforce once they have proof that custody has reversed.   She
>did say that I would still have to go to court to actually get
>a judge to stop and order support.
>
>I got a statement today stating that requested review cannot
>be done as no support is ordered in the DCSE case anymore.
>
>We are in Virginia.....

That is patently ridiculous. DCSE represents the State's interest in the child's welfare. You were the adverse party before, and now the other parent will be the adverse party. But, the state will not be representing you, so there's no conflict of interest, because neither parent has ever been the State's "client," so to speak.

I wonder what would happen if instead of requesting a review of the current order, you tried to open an entirely new case file. Just a thought.