Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:44:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

hearing held i was unaware

Started by socrateaser, Aug 04, 2006, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socrateaser

>1. if i prepare the motion to vacate for the aunt to sign how
>should it be written?

Your quoted statute doesn't provide sufficient info to permit me to give you a proper pleading, because I don't know the legal basis on which the state is relying to enforce this order, or how they are calculating your obligation.

>
>2. if the aunt refuses to cooperate how should my motion to
>vacate be written?

Same answer, sorry.

>
> 3. if needed I'm sure money gram and westrn union keep a
>record of  who picks up money, and from who/were it was sent
>how might i get this information?

If you have the serial number of the money order, then getting a copy is trivial -- the forms are available on both the western union and moneygram websites. But, if you don't have that serial number, then you have a major problem. You can send the two companies $40 and they will research the money order, buy you will also need to know the EXACT location where the money order was purchased, a time period during which it was purchased, the exact name of the person to whom it was made out, and the exact name of the person who signed the money order.

If you don't have all of that stuff, they won't research. Check out the websites for more info and the required forms. Your better course would be to subpoena discovery of the aunt's checking account and home that she deposited the money during that general period of time. That would be more interesting proof, especially if the aunt is unlikely to have any source of income where that kind of money could suddenly appear.

Obviously, if she cashed the money order for cash and never put it in an account, then you're screwed.

jenjen

according to the documents my obligation was an imputed amount.
i'll find out what the legal basis is the state is relying on to enforce this order.

the money was wired threw an amscot, and payed to her in cash, I'll check to see if amscot has its own wire service or if it was money gram or western union.