Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

custody and visitation

Started by dhemp21, Aug 29, 2006, 02:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhemp21

my ex-girlfriend moved to new york and latter informed me that she is pregnant and was using crack for the first trimester. According to new york law mothers are not tested until the baby is born and already addicted. I am going to school and working in Ca. and an attorney i spoke with in New York has informed me that the I cannot share custody until the child is 7 or 8 years old. I do not understand why we can't share the baby every three months. I live with my mother and my sisiters are out here all ofwho can help with the baby. I was also informed that because she has not resided in New York for more than 6 months she is still under CA jurisdiction. Can I get some kind of change of venue before the baby is born so that visitation is dictated by CA courts or do I need to wait untiil the baby is born and abide by New York laws. I just think it is unfair that she can pick up and move to New York leaving me with the expense of traveling and my family missing out on the baby's first years. If anyone has information on these subjects I would appreciate some feedback.