Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ex moving out of country with children ...need legal help asap

Started by lovingdadinCT, Nov 23, 2006, 09:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovingdadinCT

Hi. My divorce was final a few months ago. This is a CT case. We have joint custody...I am the Non Custodial Parent....she has maintenance of the home which will be split upon it's sale.
I am a victim of in-law collusion and verbal abuse for their gain...namely wishing to go home to the UK to die there.
Joint visitation has been hindered with excuses from the ex, and communication w my kids has been limited....(2 hrs. within 3 mos.) They are being brainwashed.
Judgement does not spell out visitation schedule....throws onus onto a Mental Health Facilitator who was (unknowingly) counseling the kids....when I called her, she stated she has nothing to do with visitation, and to petition the court.
Ex wishes to make a permanent move to the UK, and take the children from their father.
She has put me on written formal notice of her intention to move.
I have no money left for an attorney, but do have some pro se experience in other, unrelated areas of law.
I am seeking information on what to file, when, the proper legal terms and motions, petitions, etc...to use to stop the move to the UK, in the best interests of the children, and what to expect next. Not sure, but my choices seem to be 1. Motion to Modify...2. Motion to Restrain. 3. Exparte Motion.
I am leaning towards a Motion to Restrain, objecting to the move in simple terms, as I do not wish to "show my hand" at this point. This would buy me time, and possibly wear down her ability to keep paying her attorney. ( a legal chess game, I suppose).
Once I have a response to the Motion to Restrain, I think that a Motion to Modify would be next.
I believe that I have 30 days to respond and object to the move. HELP!!!