Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Imputed Child Support  (Read 3231 times)


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5093
  • Karma: 27
    • View Profile
2. maritial status?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »

There are many free calculators online.  If you know the net pay, you can do it on that.  http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/florida/

(I don't work for that site or anything or guarentee it's accuracy!)

You can see how FL child support is calculated by looking at the FL Statutes:  http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/family/forms_rules/index.shtml


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 936
  • Karma: 17
    • View Profile
Some info for your calculation
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2007, 04:18:48 PM »
Of course you don't have access to all the information you need to get exact numbers, but this might help.

For 2006 you could calculate the annual minimum wage at $6.67/hr (Florida minimum wage) by multiplying by 40 days and 50 or 52 weeks. $6.67*40*50

You would deduct $3,300 for the personal exemption for the person and $3,300 for each person they can claim as a dependent.

If they are single or married you would deduct $5,150. If they are head of household (like most "single" parents) you would deduct $7,550 instead. This is for the standard deduction.

After you get to the annual salary and subtract the personal exemptions and the standard deduction and you will have you taxable income.

If the person is single or married, you can multiply by 10% if the number is under $7,550 and if it is more you take the amount that it is over and multiply by 15%

If the person is head of household multiply 10% up to $10,750. If it is over multiply the remained by 15% and add it to the $1,075.

That is a rough way to figure out the amount of tax a person may have to pay for federal. In this case, another tax they will deal with is FICA and that you take the annual pay and multiply by 7.65%.

Florida has no state income tax, so you can skip the state all together.

Now that is all for taxes. You also have to think about who pays for the health insurance and daycare for the child. This is also included in the calculation. Below is a link to a good simple calculator.

This is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as tax advice.


Good luck


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 108
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Some info for your calculation-thanks
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2007, 05:46:52 AM »
Thank you all for this very helpful info


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.