S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Listening in on phone conversations  (Read 5619 times)

Tennessee Dad

• View Profile
RE: Listening in on phone conversations
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2007, 12:41:17 PM »
Can't help but laugh.

Again, via Websters, interfere means "to enter into the affairs of others".  Thought that's what we were talking about.  And according to my attorney, I let her talk without listening in or butting in or interjecting my opinion.  That is, she is allowed to have a "private" conversation with her Mother.  I'm done.  

On another note:  I just wish the REAL Soc was here; he was an immense help to a lot of us, and would not have stood for me messing around on "his" Board.  I guess I am in "withdrawal"; although I rarely post anymore, I do tend to "check-in", and throw in a word of encouragement every now and then.  His wisdom (and wit) are sorely missed.

mistoffolees

• View Profile
RE: Listening in on phone conversations
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2007, 01:19:14 PM »
>Can't help but laugh.
>
>Again, via Websters, interfere means "to enter into the
>affairs of others".  Thought that's what we were talking
>about.  And according to my attorney, I let her talk without
>listening in or butting in or interjecting my opinion.  That
>is, she is allowed to have a "private" conversation with her
>Mother.  I'm done.  

It's interesting that you chose the SECOND definition (at least from dictionary.com). The FIRST definition is:

"to come into opposition, as one thing with another, esp. with the effect of hampering action or procedure (often fol. by with): Constant distractions interfere with work."

Listening in on a conversation wouldn't fit that definition as long as she's not preventing you from talking.

As I said, the real answer probably depends on local practice.

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.