Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:32:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Listening in on phone conversations

Started by Kent, Mar 16, 2007, 07:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Dad

Can't help but laugh.

Again, via Websters, interfere means "to enter into the affairs of others".  Thought that's what we were talking about.  And according to my attorney, I let her talk without listening in or butting in or interjecting my opinion.  That is, she is allowed to have a "private" conversation with her Mother.  I'm done.  

On another note:  I just wish the REAL Soc was here; he was an immense help to a lot of us, and would not have stood for me messing around on "his" Board.  I guess I am in "withdrawal"; although I rarely post anymore, I do tend to "check-in", and throw in a word of encouragement every now and then.  His wisdom (and wit) are sorely missed.

mistoffolees

>Can't help but laugh.
>
>Again, via Websters, interfere means "to enter into the
>affairs of others".  Thought that's what we were talking
>about.  And according to my attorney, I let her talk without
>listening in or butting in or interjecting my opinion.  That
>is, she is allowed to have a "private" conversation with her
>Mother.  I'm done.  

It's interesting that you chose the SECOND definition (at least from dictionary.com). The FIRST definition is:

"to come into opposition, as one thing with another, esp. with the effect of hampering action or procedure (often fol. by with): Constant distractions interfere with work."

Listening in on a conversation wouldn't fit that definition as long as she's not preventing you from talking.

As I said, the real answer probably depends on local practice.