Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Contempt?? Fraud??

Started by annemichellesdad, Oct 31, 2007, 02:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annemichellesdad

The court order states that we shall each pay 1/2 of our child's health insurance premiums and uncovered medical expenses. As non-custodial parent, I include my half each month with child support.

I have recently found out on my own that the mother has not been paying the insurance premiums and that it has lapsed. Yet I have never been informed of any change in premium amounts and have continued to pay 1/2 of the last known premium amount. In other words, she's pocketing money intended to fulfill the order.

Obviously, fraud has occurred, as she is taking money intended for insurance premiums and using it for other purposes. However, is there contempt here too? That is to say, she is required to pay 1/2 of premiums, as well. And although I have, she has not.  Note that she did not, herself, cancel the insurance, but rather it was canceled after three months of non-payment.

Any other ideas?

MixedBag

IMHO, not sure "Fraud" is a subject Family Court would say in this case.

I would lean towards filing for contempt and getting health insurance for the kids identified and covered in a different way.

Were there any bills during that period of time for the kids?