Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Been rode hard, put away wet.

Started by billk, Feb 16, 2004, 03:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billk

Update:

First and foremost: THANK YOU ALL! Your support has meant so much to me that it say me through what has been the toughest time in my life. I cannot really express in words how much your generous sharing and responses meant to me. Although I would prefer to shake all of your hands, and thank you individually and personnaly, I am hopeful that you're checking this post, and can accept my sincerest appreciation.

On 2/21 I had my first visitation with my daughter at her mothers residence. The weather was not so good, we had very slick roads due to ice and snow. When I'd arrived, the mother stated that she'd prefer not to leave, but would not interfere with my time. She also stated that she interpreted the CO to not "force" her out of her own home, but to give me quality time with our child. I interpreted it the same, but wasn't about to share that with her. In the interest of not wanting her to get in an accident on my concience, I agreed that she could stay as long as she didn't interfere, as she'd stated.

After having some time with my daughter, I've realized that the scar's that would be left with me if I were to relinquish parental rights would be too much to bear. So, I'm going to go with the plan for now, and see how it goes. I'm keeping the faith.

I wish all of you the best.

Billk

kiddosmom

I so hope you enjoyed your time with the little missis :)
hehe I also hope it grated on your ex's last nerve ending like fingernails on a chalkboard  :)

Peanutsdad

Just a side note on how to find the strength to go on.

The marine Corps taught me some valuable life lessons. Two words do NOT exist for me,, cant and quit. I dont know what they mean.

Adapt innovate and overcome became my personal mantra.

It's all mental. If in your mind you see yourself as an unstoppable force of nature, then you will be, Your mind, your will and your intelligence will make it happen.

Im soooo glad you got your visitation goin!!!!!!

Courage is not action in the absense of fear, it is action inspite of fear.

Dr. D

Dear Been Rode Hard;

It certainly sounds that your sanity is in check.  Anytime, we are threatened with loosing a loved one through any means, things get crazy within us and around us.  Using boards such as this one as sounding boards are great!  SOmetimes, these are enough.  IF not, seek out counseling from a church or community mental health center that offers sliding scale fees.  Many churches will provide it for free.

Best of luck, Dr. D