Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there a relationship between PAS and weight gain?

Started by mango, May 07, 2004, 10:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mango

My SD is gaining weight quick. She is age 10 and 110 pounds. You can't notice it much, but if not addressed it may develope into a weight problem. My DH addressed the issue with EX, and she said she would "grow into" her weight. But she is at the age of approaching puberty soon, and may get  worse.

She seems to go out to dinner a lot, eat school lunches, and her grand-dad (from ex) takes her to pastry shop after school and she gets 2-3 pastries!!

It seems out of our control since it's a 50/50 plan, and no one recognizes the problem.

If we practice good eating on our time, it gets und-one on mothers time.

Xcowgirl

My SD has been gaining weight also.  I gently told her that we ALL need to exercise more.

I put the baby in the bike seat and my oldest son jumps on his bike and we all go to the park.

Tell her that she needs to "move" more, due to her growing up and she'll "soon" will not be able to eat all the goodies shes used to without gaining a bunch of weight.

It has worked with us - but DH is still floored about the Bra thing! LO LLOLOLO...

StPaulieGirl

My friend's oldest girl seems to be having that problem.  She's 15.  It's not a pleasant situation for her, according to my friend.  He noticed that she's been packing on the pounds since the last time he was allowed to see her.

Her mother resents the fact that the girl still wants to spend time with her father.  She has pumped her up on meds because the girl is depressed over the situation.  The girl has also been told that dad will have a life and won't want her when she's 18 and can legally move to her dad's.  I personally resent this, but cannot say a word.  The mother monitors all communications between my friend and his children.  She reads emails, and listens in on phone conversations.  

The 2 younger kids don't give a you know what about their father, therefore they don't have any problems.

All I can say is go for lots of exercise when you have time with her.  Don't blame granddaddy though, he probably thinks he's doing her a good thing by spoiling her.  My youngest gets spoiled by her stepgrandparents.  They have all boys in that family, and now there is a girl to spoil.  Grandpa takes her out for milkshakes....(btw, all her grandparents are dead, so I'm not going to complain).  Some people equate love with food.  Can you negotiate with the ex and get her into sports?

Good luck!