S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Really Happen?  (Read 1868 times)

Tucker

Really Happen?
« on: Sep 08, 2004, 03:27:06 AM »
Having just went through a 1 1/2 year process to get custody of my two children I wonder; Does it really happen where Mom's don't have custody?  

I was divorced a number of years ago; paid child support; kids were abused; unfed at times; sent to school smelling like animal urine; child protection involved MANY times and did nothing; and it cost me $23K to finaly get custody.

So again I ask, WHAT does it take for people to realize that it's not if someone is MALE OR FEMALE, as long as they love their kids and do right by them; That is the parent the kids should be with?  When I started the process my lawyer told me I was automatically 40% in the wrong, just because I was the FATHER.  I had to prove that extra 40%, plus the other remaining 100%, before I could get custody of my kids.

Well, guess what?!  I did it.  With the help of God, family, friends, school officials, an EXPENSIVE custody evaluator, and a GREAT (but again expensive) lawyer, things finally came to a good conclusion.

Now starts the healing process for my kids.

So again I ask, does it really happen where Mother's don't automatically get custody of the kids during a divorce?

Butterfly

Yes. (nm)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2004, 03:36:59 AM »

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.