Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:27:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Really Happen?

Started by Tucker, Sep 08, 2004, 02:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tucker

Having just went through a 1 1/2 year process to get custody of my two children I wonder; Does it really happen where Mom's don't have custody?  

I was divorced a number of years ago; paid child support; kids were abused; unfed at times; sent to school smelling like animal urine; child protection involved MANY times and did nothing; and it cost me $23K to finaly get custody.

So again I ask, WHAT does it take for people to realize that it's not if someone is MALE OR FEMALE, as long as they love their kids and do right by them; That is the parent the kids should be with?  When I started the process my lawyer told me I was automatically 40% in the wrong, just because I was the FATHER.  I had to prove that extra 40%, plus the other remaining 100%, before I could get custody of my kids.

Well, guess what?!  I did it.  With the help of God, family, friends, school officials, an EXPENSIVE custody evaluator, and a GREAT (but again expensive) lawyer, things finally came to a good conclusion.

Now starts the healing process for my kids.

So again I ask, does it really happen where Mother's don't automatically get custody of the kids during a divorce?

Butterfly