Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FYI -- for NCMs, CP/Dads and step-moms.....

Started by MixedBag, Mar 10, 2005, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

I just finshed reading this book tonight...."Journeys of Women Without Custody" by Annette Pagano, Psy D.

And it's a "must have" in my opinion for all NCMs....

And it's a highly recommended book for CP/Dads and step-moms to read as well.

Talk about a wonderful insight to understanding what goes on in the mind of a NCM and why. CP/Dads should read to gain some understanding of the otherside WITHOUT going through their own situation with their children's mom. Step-moms should digest it too so they can step-in their roles in their lives instead of stepping ON another person's toes.

Honestly, I feel like I've become a better CP to my girls because I'm an NCP to my son -- I have a real good clue as to what the girls' dad FEELS and goes through and their relationship with him is better for it. That's what this book will accomplish for CP/Dads and step-moms too......take a few hours and walk in an NCM's head, and maybe life will improve for the children who suffer the most.

Although my situation is still a bit different than the women who were interviewed in the book, there were still a lot of things that I read where I thought "Yep, that explains it" or "Geez, no wonder"......

Peanutsdad

MB,

I'll keep on the look out for it. If you recommend it, thats good enuff for me.