Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Temporary Emergency Custody

Started by daddyinpdx, Jun 10, 2006, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyinpdx

I have a question for any one who can answer. My daughter was recently taken out of the home by DHS for reported Child Abuse. I was notified by DHS out of state of the incident. I immediately flew down to see about my daughter. When I arrived, I was told by DHS that my child was placed with the moms friend (nearby) and that a saftety plan was in place.

The mother agreed that she applied more than necessary force to the child causing my daughters arm to bleed from possible belt buckle blows.

My daughter was then taken to counseling which they suggested that mother recieve psy counseling.

I filled for emergency custody and was granted. The child and I returned to my state of residence. I then after filled for sole cutody and the mother objected. She desires for us both to share joint custody with her maintaining physical custody after she finishes her anger management classes.

My question is does she have leverage to obtain physical custody in a few months after DHS "founded" child abuse?

Mother is presently on "supervised visitation" as per DHS.

DHS has since withdrawn their case immediately after my recieving temporary emergency custody.

olanna

This is a board that was founded for help and support of non-custodial mothers.  While advice would be given for all situations, this board gets very little activity and the response you may receive would be far better on some other board.

Best to you,

Olanna

MixedBag

and on several other boards.

I'm hoping everyone will answer him on the Father's Board.

Soc gave him some good advice as well.

daddyinpdx