Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Emacipation  (Read 2281 times)

casey lynn

  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
« on: Aug 01, 2006, 10:35:57 AM »
I have read the laws on emancipation and I know that my father won't file the form for it. I was wondering if my mother who doesn't have custody can file it instead. I've read the law and it doesn't say anything about it being a custodial parent, just a parent.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5052
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
RE: Emacipation
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2006, 09:17:22 PM »
You can file for emancipation yourself. You usually have to have a job or a way of supporting yourself. You have to prove to a judge that you can take care of yourself and will not end up asking for social service programs. Do you have a place to live, a job to pay rent/food/car/insurance?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.