Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Autism

Started by GlennDandy, Feb 06, 2007, 06:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennDandy

I have joint custody with my sons mother. he lived with me awhile then witrh her for three years. about a year and a half ago we signed him into state assisted living because he is very violent.

I paid her 150.00 a week when he lived there... I went to court to get rid of support because he didnt live with her anymore.. I lost, lawyer cost me 2000.00 dollars did my lawyer just suck, or am i screwed I cant afford to waste more money on lawyers.

the situation is this.. He is in a state ran assisted living home... they feed him, bathe him, dress him, he lives there, they take him to and from school, they give all medications, and he has been given medicaid as far as health insurance goes.

the only cost to us as parents is clothes, and 40.00 a month for activitys.

I pick him up every weekend, where his mother rarly ever goes to see him.  The courts her in Southern NJ... decided i still needed to pay her 60.00 a week.

considering i already filed a motion, lost then a redo? or whatever its called and lost again... they told me all i could do would be to take it to a pella court, wich is more money and that bad lawyer said mayby 50 50 chance.

Ive been to jail over this, my hearts breaking because she has hurt me so bad financialy its affecting my activitys with my son.  this year i have paid her 16,000.00 in support and been to jail twice. Im a nervouse wreck as it is dealing with autism.

treici

the courts reasoning on this?  You may want to try one of the other boards though (maybe father's issues or child support issues or socrateaser's board).

My older son also has autism.  He is almost 8 now and lives with me.  My ex-husband and I have joint legal custody with me being the primary residential custodian.  I am fortunate that although he is moderate to severely autistic, he is not violent or aggressive.  How old is your son?

olanna

He will have a more solid plan for you than any of us can offer you here.

GlennDandy

>He will have a more solid plan for you than any of us can
>offer you here.
>
>
Hey, ok I'll try those forums.. thank you.