Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:59:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

arrearages and interest

Started by leah8478, Dec 12, 2003, 04:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leah8478

My husband and his first wife split in 1990.  At the time their was a child support order and he also paid tuition for a private scool. Afterabout a year his ex asked him to let her take the child out of the private school and he could just give her the money.  He agreed. Ten years later she takes him back to court and tells the judge she had to take her out because he refused topaythe tuition. He showed proof that he paid it to his ex, but the judge added up the tuition for ten years and doubled it because of interest.  The child is now 18 but they say he owes around $42,000.  They also have two seperate liens totaling $57,000 because they say one is from child support the other is from the courts.  We are trying to sell our property and we are already payin around $35,000 more then he owes. What do we do???

MKx2

I don't have an answer for you Leah, but I think you might be able to get some guidance if you post this to Socrateaser's board.

Be sure to include the state you live in, and read the Mandatory Guidelines before osting to Soc's board ... there is a format he request that we all use as it makes it far easier for him to read AND answer the questions you have.

Hope he can help you out ... the situation you describe is absolutely horrible and a REAL travesty of justice!  Good luck!