Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: I have aquestion and need help....  (Read 1268 times)


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
I have aquestion and need help....
« on: Dec 11, 2004, 10:56:50 AM »
Many of you here know me and know my ex doesn't pay cs or rarely does and rarely seen our son (all by his choice) He works but under the table, he doesn't pay rent or for food as he lives with his family.

Background. My ex is order to pay cs for our son who is 12 ,$160 a month, he has another daughter whos mother lives off the state (her daughter is almost 12 and dad has never seen child) next child is 5, the mom just now after 5yrs is going after my ex for cs (she got divorced now wants $)

OK so 3 open cs cases, arrears to my son over 19K, arrears to welfare mom over 10k, arrears to useless divorcee mom 5k.

The state prosecutor took my ex to court over MY case for contempt. I received the contempt papers, in the orders it only has MY case # on it, it says that he is to pay $600 by 12/15.

I have a feeling if he does pay that the cs office will divide this $600 over all three kids (after current support is paid) I don't think the cs should be able to do this as it states for MY CASE ONLY so I feel that $600 should ALL go to my son. I am not getting my hopes up on him paying, last cs payment I received was Sept for $29 then he paid 1/2 prior to his Nov hearing ONLY because he had court, if he didn't have court he wouldn't have paid.

I do understand that the other kids need to be support too, but I do feel it is not right as one mom is with her b/f of 12yrs who supports her while she lives off the state, and the 2nd mom after 5yrs of no contact wants money from him and she is being supported by her family.

I have worked dam hard for 12yrs to support our son, my tax money went to support the welfare mom and I feel my son is entitled to the full amount ordered in the contempt orders.

1) should I contact the cs office and ask them how they will dispurse (sp) these monies
2) contact the cs admin office as this is a contempt order that states he must pay xx amount to not be held in contempt for my case only.

I am thinking of going to the cs admin, due to on my dh's case I caught his caseworker garnishing for monies that they were NOT entitled to by law when the cs worker said they could, the admin office of CS said no way and removed it.

SO any ideas would be great.

NO I am not one of those CP's that only care about money, I have gone without his money for so long, I would use this money to pay the hosp bill from when my son was admitted overnight to the hosp for his appendix, after insd paid I still owe the hosp over $500.

On & up note, his dad is actually taking his son for a week at xmas, well 1/2 the time son will be with his grandparents (who are great) but at least he will be able to spend a few days with his dad which is funny, when we lived 4 miles from eachother he never saw son, now we moved a little farther away and he wants to see son all of a sudden. Well better late than never right.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1011
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: I have aquestion and need help....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2004, 12:38:37 PM »

If it's court ordered on your case#, then it should only be applied to your case.


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
RE: I have aquestion and need help....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2004, 01:58:38 PM »
I think I'd write a nice letter, attach a copy of the order, and ask them how they are going to handle it.

No phone calls.

Just ask, don't demand nothing.  (there's the balance)...

And send it certified so they can't claim they never got it.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.