Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How many times?

Started by ap88keys, Feb 23, 2004, 10:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ap88keys

I am a CP who fought for and got custody my son in 2002.  He had been with me since 1998 and with my parents since he was 4. (he's now 12). His mother (we never married) is paranoid schizophrenic and has lived with her mom most of her life.  She recevies SSI. The judge ordered her to pay $75 a month in 2002.  She never paid.  When she filed an emergency injunction against me last year, I countersued for contempt of court.  After that, she's only sent two payments.   Now we are bringing a second contempt motion.  

My question is, how many times can I do this? It is costing me hundreds of dollars in fees, while she represents herself and makes up dumb excuses.  The judge won't do anything because she's "disabled".  Should I just turn it over to FL Child Support Enforcement, or keep going to court>?  And will my insistance reflect badly on me just because she's constantly dodging responsibility through her illness?

Of course, the money amounts to barely anything, but I am trying to show her inability to care for her child emotionally or financially.

kiddosmom

MixedBag

CSE does it for free.

Private attorneys usually get results faster.

How's that?