Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alimony as Income

Started by ebedeeb, Mar 09, 2004, 09:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebedeeb

Im in Michigan.  Does FOC use alimony as income to the custodial mom?  I just got a modified support order and they didnt?

joni

I believe it's still that way to include alimony as income.  I know there was/is a bill perhaps pending that's talking about not including alimony as income.  I'm not sure the status.

What does your original divorce order say?  It may say in there that alimony is not to be included.

Here's a link to the manual from 2001.  The web site says it's still in effect until further notice.  

http://www.courts.michigan.gov/scao/resources/publications/manuals/focb/formula01-updated.pdf

ebedeeb

I have looked through this manual, spoken to a case worker, and used the guidlin.exe program to compute child support using the #'s the FOC used and cannot come up with the 1700.00 a month they have said is owed.  I come up with just under 1400.00 + 866 in alimony + 264 that is paid in medical insurance for 3 kids.  The only way I come up with the FOC's number is to not include alimony in her income.  Is that right? Not to mention fair.  Especially since it changes the over and above expences to 82% and 18% (which with this PBFH) she will enforce for aspirin!  Instead of the actual 67/23 split that is real.  Im concerned about requesting modification, as I continually get the shaft, and will probably end up paying more.

rini

hello

i reviewed your state statutes for you.

alimony is to be included when figuring the amount of the support order.

insist that they follow the rules and show them the statute.  it is right in the guidelines for support under income used to figure support.

copy the statute and insist that they do it correctly!!!!!!!

God bless

rini