Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Support Mod papers sent, new info, now what?  (Read 1552 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 160
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Support Mod papers sent, new info, now what?
« on: Apr 04, 2004, 12:31:24 AM »

I filed the paperwork for a child support modification and sent it to CSRU on Wednesday.

In the paperwork I was required to list my living expenses which included car expenses. I listed the amount of weekly gas I use and the insurance payment on my vehicle. I also listed the transportation cost for traveling 800 miles a month for visitation of my son.

After I filed the paperwork on Wednesday, I received a letter from my ex stating that she would no longer be meeting me half way for pick-up and drop-off on my weekends. (this is not court ordered).

Obviously, my travel expenses have just doubled for weekend visitations. I will now be spending about $200 a month driving 1600 miles (4 round trips).

So, my question is... should I send this new information to CSRU to be added to the paperwork I submitted last week or will I be basically wasting my time? If I send the information, should I send a copy of our previous agreement along with a copy of the letter she sent me and a copy of the divorce decree showing that it is not ordered who does the traveling? Will it even affect my child support or be taken into consideration?

I met with a lawyer last week and we will be proceeding with a modification of visitation as well. The transportation issue is definitely being addressed in that modification. If I get a reduction now due to the travel issue, won't she be able to raise it again after the mod is done?

I'm not out to waste anyone's time, and I especially don't want to tick off a judge by having to have the issue looked at again in 6 months or a year after the visitation mod is done.

Any advice for me?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 255
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Support Mod papers sent, new info, now what?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2004, 06:31:41 AM »
If your ex has set a precedent by meeting you half way for a certain period of time, then I would think her changing her mind at this point will be for nothing.

The Judge will probably order the half way meeting and you and your attorney should show she has done this all along and set this precedent.

In my case I drove both ways, then the mother moved and I was still driving both ways, even though the order said I should pick up and  the mother should fetch.  When the Judge asked me why I was doing all the driving I said because she didn't have a car.  Judge then asked if she had a car and of course she said yes she had one now.  So it was changed to me picking up and her fetching.  

Once I got sole custody she has to do all the driving back and forth, until such a time as I move from the county I'm in, then it will revert back to me one and her the other way.


  • Guest
RE: Support Mod papers sent, new info, now what?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2004, 08:08:30 AM »
I know in the state of Texas each are to pay half of the expense for visits  if you are more than 100 miles apart.  I am not sure what your state states in its family code.  Also, in Texas you are allowed 30 days in the summer, spring break every other year and altering holidays between thanksgiving and Christmas.  She should have to pay half of the expense for those visits as well.  She can take you back to court at anytime.  

I have custody of my son, and my ex wife has to pay me CS.  We are in a battle right now, because I just started a business and it is lossing money the first year or two, and I just recently filed to raise her support for my son and she is now stating that since I am under employed I should have to pay her CS and to top it off have to pay her back the CS for the last 4 years as well.  It has not gone to court yet..it is just their counter suit.  

Anyway, I hope this information is helpful.  Might check into your states family law code.  You can do a search on google for your states code and read about it...it is pretty interesting on what the rules are.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.