Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Very Afraid Please Help!!  (Read 1441 times)


  • Guest
Very Afraid Please Help!!
« on: Apr 19, 2004, 02:25:15 PM »
folks, I have a huge dilema.
  My DH had a support order in WA state, he has been current on that order.
 At the begining of the month we where informed by phone that his WA case was transferred to CA, because the mother applied for Welfare.
  We finally spoke with CA, last week, she informed us that they would be raising th support and that it would be back dated to Jan 04.  But they hadnt recieved the papers from WA yet so they would get back to us.
 This will make us in arears by the time they get around to decideing how much they are going to charge us for her Walfare, and back date it.
 Do I need to take DH's name off our bank account?  What about our car?
  We have no money is unemplyment ends this week I am the only one working.
  Also can I apply to get the earned income credit with my check, to assure that CA doesnt get it at the end of the year.
  Its for my kids but we dont qualify if we dont file joint and fileing the injured spouse form wont guarentee it becasue I was informed that CA can look at my income if DH claims hardship.
  What else do I need to do to protect myself?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: 9
    • View Profile
Post this to Socrateaser, Mystic!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2004, 02:32:27 PM »

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Very Afraid Please Help!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2004, 11:30:52 AM »
Mystic I am so sorry to hear about this. I wish cs would've stayed with WA as WA is not as bad as CA cs office.

I have no advice, I know sly deals with CA and cs so she may know.

Good luck


  • Guest
RE: Very Afraid Please Help!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2004, 09:45:25 AM »
Mdvice is that you put everything in your name so that the courts cannot take what you have (home, car, etc)  The courts cannot touch your assets nor your income unless you are the biological parent.  This is what I have done so that we are protected from her and the courts


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.