Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: FRUSTRATED! Child support help!  (Read 1414 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 160
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
FRUSTRATED! Child support help!
« on: Apr 26, 2004, 01:35:44 PM »
I have received the appeal paperwork from CSRU.

A quick recap:

I appealed for two reasons
1. They used my overtime pay to compute my income
2. They did not use my ex's earning capacity or median income

I submitted actual Iowa Code concerning these 2 reasons.


This is the paperwork I received today:
Here is our response to your request:

We will not conduct a second review because:
No new or different information was submitted. The earlier decision remains in effect.

The attached acknowledgement explains the Unit's review:

*** Income used was year to date as overtime was included in 4 out of 5 pay periods

*** Income information supplied by the custodial parent and verified through other sources. Median income cannot be used.

(she supplied $0 for income, add her deduction for another child and her income is a negative.)


I called CSRU and asked them to explain these points. They told me that since she provided an income statement that they don't have to use the median income for her. They said that it is 'not necessary' so I asked why it was Iowa Code if it is not necessary and she said there are certain circumstances where it is not necessary.

She said she would have my worker send a written explanation of what this means.

I then asked about the overtime thing and again she danced around the question and said the same as above.

I told her that I did not have time to wait because the request for court needed to be submitted within 30 days of the original decision so she agreed to have the worker call me, however she refused to transfer me becasue the worker 'has to have time to review these things'.

Can somebody please help me here?
I tried to call my lawyer, but he's not in. I need some advice on how to handle the worker when she calls back.


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: FRUSTRATED! Child support help!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2004, 12:58:27 AM »

ask for her supervisor

post on socrateasers board immediately if you have not done so.



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.