Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:01:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Health insurance wash state

Started by gipsy, Jul 22, 2004, 03:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gipsy

Here is the scene Went to court and got the orders all straight .  I am the Dad , And at that time mom had health insurance . And filled out declarations stating that she had insurance and it was uneccessary for me to get a credit for having it because she has it , according to dept of child support  ,Mom has dropped her insurance with out notifying me , And has now asked for the dept of child support to enforce the child health insurance provision wich  Asks if I can get health insurance for less that 125$ per month , Does any one know how this works , Obviously there are many types of health insurance , Some are just major medical . Some are The big picture with  little deductible and everything is coverd , Any one have any input on this ,

wendl

Gipsy,

I am at work now, I am looking at the Lifewise Med Ins rates, With most med insurance carriers you must have insurance then list child as well.

Ok here are some rates:

$2,500 deductibleon all prices below:

ages 30-34  Non Smoker $91.58 Smoker $106.55
Add child for $56.43

ages 35-39 Non Smoker $102.46 Smoker 119.22
add child for $56.43

ages 40-44 Non Smoker $135.03 Smoker 157.20
add child $56.43

If you go with a $500 ded child would cost approx $107.00
These rates are only good thru 9/1/04.

What the cs office in our state will do is NOT take into consideration that you must apply for benefits as well, they go off of JUST what the child would cost.

If the current order says "if medical can be obtained thru employer at a rate no higher than xx bla bla bla" read your oder, as we both know your employer does not offer medical insurance.

Call me if you have any questions.
:):):)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

rainbow1

If it was written into the court order that she was to carry the health insurance then she needed the court's permission to drop the insurance. If she did not go to court for this she is in contempt. Notify the clerk of courts immediately! Send copy of court order with that part highlighted and a copy of the notification from CS.

Bolivar OH

Why did mom drop insurance?

ok, os without knowing why-- being a dad so you're probably an NCP.  Health insurance has been lost soooo......... Yes they (government) will make you responsible.

File immediately for a change in circumstances in CS.  This should adjust the amount you pay CS office/her directly.

Check out this sites FAQ on CS

wendl

Hey gipsy did you talk to your atty about this yet??

Let me know what he said.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**