Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:40:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DO THE MATH PART II

Started by antonin, Jul 27, 2004, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonin

Okay, yes, I agree that the correct amount is 200.00 and several highly intelligent posters support my conclusion. The FOC came with up with 44.00 more per month. The reason they did this is because the completely ignored the "shall be reduced to not less than 200.00 per week or 80% of the Friend of the Court Guidelines amount..." I have a copy
Guidelin 16.3 and ran the figures using my yearly gross income and came up with the same numbers. The FOC made no adjustments. I did not catch this error at the hearing. The good thing about the hearing is that the FOC recommended alternating weekly custody and the Court Order was issued last week and I received it.

This may appear like I am being cheap or something, but there is an issue here. I give the mother 860.00 in alimony and another 1000.00 in CS and less than 70.00 a month directly reaches my daughter. I pay for everything that makes a difference in the material quality of her life (and ultimately some of these things will make a difference in her achievement and spiritual qualities): clothes, school stuff, memberships, ski lessons, church trips, piano lessons, books, trips to museums, movies, trips to Cedar Point, King's Island, etc, dance lessons, music, etc. etc. etc. So as far as I'm concerned that 44.00 is 44.00 more dollars for my kid as opposed to her mother.

My question is: How to proceed? Do I file for another Modification for CS? Or is there a procedural path I can take?

Bolivar OH

No, you're not being cheap!!!  Its your money!!!

Try calling your case worker and explain the mistake. Ask them what steps need to be taken to correct the problem.

Good luck!!!