Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Split custody, support, and ethics

Started by myrtle, Oct 13, 2004, 05:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myrtle

Rather long story, but I'll try to make it brief.  DH has 3 children, he got custody of the 2 oldest, BM got the youngest.  Judge 10 1/2 yrs. ago said there will be no child support because incomes were similar and he felt cost of living was higher in IL where BM had moved (we are in WI). So DH had no support for the 2 he raised.  Second oldest now 18 and graduated high school.  BM has now filed for child support for the youngest (14 yrs.). Four yrs. ago BM moved back to WI.  Her income is 3 times ours put together.  We are struggling to make ends meet and have been hit by economic "downturn" in our jobs and she is very well aware of this.  We happen to know youngest has everything she needs or wants and then some.  So it is not a matter of her being deprived. It is clearly vindictiveness to ruin DH financially.  We've even had our house up for sale to downsize.  Now, we have taken it off the market for now after an attorney told us the gain we would make on it may be considered income she could also collect from.  She has control of our lives at this point. She has also now alienated DH's son against him.  She's very clever as she has a way of brainwashing these kids. I've witnessed it for 10 1/2 years now.  I guess I'm just venting, but would love anyone's input.  I think the two oldest have been cheated, as BM never gave a dime to support them.  Thanks for listening.  
Myrtle