Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Arrears & Tax Refund?  (Read 1772 times)


  • Guest
Arrears & Tax Refund?
« on: Feb 13, 2005, 04:36:14 PM »
My case is currently handled by the state of TN.  How far behind does cs have to be before it'll come out of the BD's income tax refund?  Right now he's right at $1100 behind.  How can I find out if they will hold his refund?  Just wait & see?



  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 126
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Arrears & Tax Refund?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2005, 06:21:56 PM »
In OH, you have to be two payments behind before they will issue a levy on your income tax.  You would need to call TN and talk to your caseworker to see what their policy is.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 2016
  • Karma: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.msn.com/
In NJ, they only have to be $500 behind
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2005, 01:06:15 PM »
but the child support has to put them in for a tax offset.  Call the child support office and see if they submitted a tax offset for the payor.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.