Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Motion To Modify  (Read 1685 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 516
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Motion To Modify
« on: Mar 14, 2005, 08:13:46 AM »
State is North Carolina

DH has to be in court this morning because ex filed a motion to modify child support to have additional money paid towards arrears. The Court form has an option of "Other" and that is what was checked along with handwritten wording that ex is asking that amount being paid towards arrears be increased.  CS is paid weekly through income withholding and we recently found out that the court ordered amount to be paid towards arrears was not included on the order for income withholding; just shows the monthly CS along with weekly/biweekly/semimonthly/
monthly payment amounts.

It has been 3 years since CS was modified. Can the Judge, in his discretion, do a total modification of CS even though ex is only asking that the amount to be paid towards arrears be increased?  I'm thinking that's what he'll do.

Anybody else had anything like this happen?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.