Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Expenses during visitation  (Read 1489 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 34
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Expenses during visitation
« on: Mar 26, 2005, 05:40:56 PM »
Quick question:

When I have my daughter during my time of visitation isn't it true that I am responsible for ALL expenses including but not limited to any medical visits and/or prescriptions? And that the money spent during my visits are NOT to be deducted from the child support payment?

I believe this to be true just need confirmation or a link to the guidelines.



  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 20
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Expenses during visitation
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2005, 08:49:14 AM »
it really depends of what your divorce decree or child support order says. If these documents are silent on this specific topic of expenses during the visitation, than your state child support laws/guidelines will apply. Generally speaking, state guidelines mandate that both parties must share the medical expenses of the children (on a pro rata basis).  

As for the deduction from child support payments, to the best of my knowledge, you are correct


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1011
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Expenses during visitation
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2005, 01:11:39 PM »

Check your court order and the consistency with the support guidelines for your state.  Many states offer the noncustodial parent a 50% abatement on child support when the child is in their care to cover the child in your care.  

The same as your general court order should apply to reimbursements for medical care when the child is with you.  That shouldn't vary as when the child is with the other parent.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.