Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 03:58:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Round 2

Started by Nugo, May 16, 2005, 10:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nugo

Hey my long lost friends.

Well, looks like I have another hearing for Contempt on Friday.  The first time, I got behind on CS cuz they wouldn't allow my new income (much lower, due to injury) to be put into the formula.  My doctor wrote 4 personal letters to the court, from his office (A veteran's doctor, no less, with no particular interest in the personal affairs of any of his patients outside of how it affects their health).

Last August, I was found in contempt, even though my failure to pay the court ordered was not an option I chose.

This time, I'll be found in contempt again.  How many swings do I get before they jail me, do you think?

wendl

Nugo,

my ex was behind 20+k before he went to jail for a week, he hasn't been paying again and quit his job but the cs office isn't doing much.

How long ago were the 1st contempt charges??

Hugs it is nice to see you again.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

4honor

You have made a motion for a downward modification of CS outside of the contempt matters, haven't you?
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

Nugo

Yes I have.  I not only was denied the option of participating in the original CS hearing by phone because (surprise) I couldn't afford the 750 mile trip, but I brought a completed financial affidavit with records to my first contempt hearing; no help.  I've now filed twice, seperately, to have my CS reduced to match my income.

The judge used the reason that she didn't see a good reason for me to leave the other job (all of my medical records, including MRIs and X-rays, were rejected as hearsay).  Therefore, the court required me to go on a specific, five job per week job hunt, etc. until I found enough pay to "allow" me to fulfill my erroneously calculated CS obligation.

Funny thing is, not only is my ex making more money and not reporting the change, but if I made more income, I'd notify the court myself so that it could be adjusted upward.

They're killing me.  Took my daughter, all my money, and my freedom is next.  They have allowed me to participate by phone on Friday; what happens if they say "jail time," when I'm not in thier state?