Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support Questions

Started by doxie2mom, May 13, 2005, 08:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doxie2mom

I won't bore everyone with details, just have a couple of questions concerning Oklahoma Child Support Issues.

1st:  2 children, 27 and 32 years old, father paid child support, went to court, paid, went to court, etc.  Thought he had paid everything off as of 1 year ago.  Kids have begged BM to drop support for years, but she refuses.  She has never worked.  Never spent money on kids anyway.  They have a good relationship with BD.  BD just got Bench Warrant in the Mail stating that he was served prior to bench warrant (he wasn't) and that Bond was set at $5,000.00 to pay off CS of $4,995.00!!!!  Can't this be taken care of without any my BS?  He can't afford it, they have known where he works and have never taken anything out of his checks, also never served him.  What can he do, legally, to stop all of this nonsense and be done with it for good.  He is 51 years old.

2nd:  BD in similar situation, but 1 child emancipated last September, Oklahoma CSE sent a letter STATING this, but has not reduced the support.  Any legal way to remedy this situation?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there someplace that I can go to look-up specific Statutes that are in legal-ease?

Thanks for this site.  You have a plethera of information!:D

wendl

1st--If he owes the back support he needs to start paying on it. Usually (not always) they won't do much if the person responsible to pay support is attempting to pay (my ex owes 20k in arrears and makes payments of like $25 a month towards his current an arrears)
You can contact or go down to the court to see if you have a warrant. You should've been served with something (I believe but not sure)

2nd-Go to court and get an order stopping cs as the child is now emancipated, then drive it down to the support office so they get it quicker.

Might want to call and talk to an atty, usually the 1st consult is free, each states laws are a little different.

Good luck

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

doxie2mom

:7 Thank you so much for taking the time to help!  Sounds like good advice to me.  The Court that the CS was filed in and the CP lives, is about an hour away from him, so I will try to call them Monday and get as much info as possible to straighten it all out.  Children are willing to go to Court on Dad's behalf, so maybe that will be taken into consideration, also.

He wasn't paying, because he understood it to be paid and over with.  He had paid through payroll deduction for years and the last Court appearance he understood to be final disposition of the case.

Thanks again for the advice.  I will also be contacting Legal Aid to see if they can help or refer him to an attorney.  Have a great day and thanks muchly!:)