Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Please help! Attorney gone bad!  (Read 931 times)


  • Guest
Please help! Attorney gone bad!
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:33:50 PM »
Here's the senario.  Three children; I was granted custody of the two oldest, she got custody of the youngest.  I was denied child support even though I had two and she had one.  When the second oldest reached emancipation in 2004, she filed for child support for the youngest.  I won the case and she was denied child support, which was the only fair decision to make.

Our attorney just sent us a copy of a proposal from the child support attorney regarding me paying half of the medical insurance and out of pocket costs for the youngest.  Also in the mailing was a letter the attorney sent to the child support attorney saying he had no objection to writing up such a court order.  Now, our attorney never called or notified me that this action was taking place.  He took it upon himself to make a decision that this was okay to cause us financial responsibility for this after I already paid all costs without her help for two children.  Does this sound like breach of contract to anyone?  He got this letter from child support attorney, did not call or write to let me know, and just wrote this attorney saying he didn't object to me having to pay half of all of the medical costs for my child.

My ex has made my life one crisis after another, and now my attorney has done this.  Please help me out with this.  If this is unclear to you, I'd be happy to answer all questions.



  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Please help! Attorney gone bad!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 10:00:13 PM »
Post on SOC's board and see what he says.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.