Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Please help! Attorney gone bad!

Started by myrtle, May 28, 2005, 07:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myrtle

Here's the senario.  Three children; I was granted custody of the two oldest, she got custody of the youngest.  I was denied child support even though I had two and she had one.  When the second oldest reached emancipation in 2004, she filed for child support for the youngest.  I won the case and she was denied child support, which was the only fair decision to make.

Our attorney just sent us a copy of a proposal from the child support attorney regarding me paying half of the medical insurance and out of pocket costs for the youngest.  Also in the mailing was a letter the attorney sent to the child support attorney saying he had no objection to writing up such a court order.  Now, our attorney never called or notified me that this action was taking place.  He took it upon himself to make a decision that this was okay to cause us financial responsibility for this after I already paid all costs without her help for two children.  Does this sound like breach of contract to anyone?  He got this letter from child support attorney, did not call or write to let me know, and just wrote this attorney saying he didn't object to me having to pay half of all of the medical costs for my child.

My ex has made my life one crisis after another, and now my attorney has done this.  Please help me out with this.  If this is unclear to you, I'd be happy to answer all questions.

Thanks  

wendl

Post on SOC's board and see what he says.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**