Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:56:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

give up parental rights

Started by tilldeathdouspart, Apr 21, 2007, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tilldeathdouspart

I am wondering if anyone knows if i give up my parental rights to me child will that eliminate me from paying child support? If not can someone please tell me how to get the monthly payment amount set at the lowest amount possible? I live in Wisconsin, pay a $1200 mortgage along with many other debts, i have a newborn child that lives with me full time that i support, does the court system take that stuff into consideration or will i have to give up everything i have to support my first child whom i had equal custody of until an evil judge discriminated against me and took my custody and placement Away. Any info will be wonderful

Jade

>I am wondering if anyone knows if i give up my parental
>rights to me child will that eliminate me from paying child
>support? If not can someone please tell me how to get the
>monthly payment amount set at the lowest amount possible? I
>live in Wisconsin, pay a $1200 mortgage along with many other
>debts, i have a newborn child that lives with me full time
>that i support, does the court system take that stuff into
>consideration or will i have to give up everything i have to
>support my first child whom i had equal custody of until an
>evil judge discriminated against me and took my custody and
>placement Away. Any info will be wonderful

The only way that a court will let you give up your parental rights is if there is someone who is willing to adopt the child(ren).

Child support is based on your income.   You had this financial obligation BEFORE you had another baby.  Having another baby doesn't relieve you of that.  And in a lot of states, it doesn't even reduce the support.  The first children were there first.

And judges don't take away custody and set no visitation at all without a damn good reason.  Even the ones who are pro-mom.  They usually set some type of visitation for the ncp.  Even if it is supervised.  

leon clugston

due to reasons of the state, you cannot just walkaway scott free on support, unless of course there is a legal adoption to said child.
Now as far as youre other child, remember all children are inhernetly entitled to equal protection, something the state doesn't like, but there it is.
Now as far as youre Judge, being biased in some form or another, welcome to the Administrative world,,But being on that subject, have you ever Heard of the Cooperative Agreements"Private law"?
This is where the courts/ judges are bound by a contract to make someone an Obligor, usualy being, but not always, the working party, and they must by this contract make someone pay through the state.

krazyfamily_6

Are you kidding?  You want to give up your parental rights so you don't have to pay child support?