Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: WWYD? would you pay it?  (Read 2122 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
WWYD? would you pay it?
« on: Jul 12, 2007, 06:40:22 AM »
Not really a question, but more of a rant!  So I get a call from my daughter's grandfather (ex's dad).  My daughter is in FL visiting them now.  Well when he bought the ticket roundtrip (notice how he does everything not his daughter) i told him i'd pay 1/2.  He said no, I nicely rejected his offer and paid on 1/2.  For some reason he either told me or i'd thought he said that he paid 230 something roundtrip NOT including the 80 for the unaccompanied minor fee.  he hadn't yet purchased the unaccompanied minor portion of the ticket yet.  So that brought the total to  my 1/2 would be about 155, right?  Well I had a credit on when I cancelled her ticket in Dec.  So I went ahaead and paid the 80 on the unaccompanied minor fee and then I sent them a check for 75.00. Bringing my total to 155.

 When I call to talk to my daughter he told me "im very embarrassed by this but you will be getting a letter from my wife"  I was like.  Um okay. He then stated. She thinks you didn't pay your share on the ticket.  he said, as far as im concerned where're even.  I was like no, where does she think I came up short.  He than said, me and her were "discussing" things and i think she misunderstood me.  

What im thinking is because I paid the unacompanied minor fee and she didn't SEE the money that I just paid it, she didnt' realize I did pay it.  He also told me that the ticket was for 162.00  So it looks as if I did short them 15.00 and I WILL send them acheck for it with a calculation for dear old grandma.  It makes me MAD because here I am NOT GETTING A DIME TO SUPPORT MY DAUGHTER from her mother.  ANd if you ask me it should be my ex calling me/writing me a letter not them.  I didn't have to let them have my daughter the entire summer ykwim.  She hasn't even seen her mom but ONE TIME since she's been there.  BUT i wouldn't withhold her from them-   Im supposed to get hte letter today.  I wll let you know what it says!

eta:  I believe that she is also gonna ask for the 50.00 dental bill.  The gma set up the appt. for me as my daughter wasnt' gonna be back to IL until 2 days before school starts and she needs one for the sixth grade.  The divorce decree states that my ex is to pay for 1/2.  Should I only send 25 of that or just buck up and send it all because it was me that asked her to schedule the appt.  BUT it was them that wanted her to stay so long and in turn leave NO Time for anything cuz when she gets back it's back to school for her!


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 412
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
RE: WWYD? would you pay it?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2007, 11:07:46 AM »
I would send your portion and let them know where to go for the other portion.  

If they say anything about it, just tell them to discuss it with the child's mother.  She is responsible for half the bill.  You paid your half.


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1697
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: WWYD? would you pay it?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »
>I would send your portion and let them know where to go for
>the other portion.  
>If they say anything about it, just tell them to discuss it
>with the child's mother.  She is responsible for half the
>bill.  You paid your half.

Before doing anything, I'd check the divorce decree to see what it says. If it says anything about travel cost, dental/medical cost, etc, then make sure you're doing exactly what it says (and insisting on good receipts before doing ANYTHING). If it's silent on the subject, you don't owe anything and can ignore their requests as Jade says.

Just make sure you check the decree first.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.