Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FOC audit questions

Started by superdad01, Jul 02, 2007, 03:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

i recieved an audit to my case finally and have some questions. Apparently the case worker is out on vacation so I'll post em here.

mother was on aid and when I paid off my balance to zero before court and before I had an actual order in place. Now they stated they would be taking my taxes to cover the arearage (without their knowledge it no longer existed.)

Now when they took my taxes the state became OVERPAID  they then tell me that money was sent to the mother

Now if I am the one paying and causing the overpayment should that money be sent back to me and not the mother?

Also My order stated I pay $114 per week for the child. Previous to the court order I was paying $138 I suppose to cover an arrearage that I did not have... For some reason the FOC don't think I deserve my money back.  What gives?

jenjen

What is FOC? who conducted this audit of your case? did you request this audit and how? what state?

In my state if an over payment was made the agency would be responsible for paying you back. not the person who recieved it. it would be the agencies burden to recover an over payment

check the statue in your state

superdad01

foc = Friend of court = No friend of mine'

The case worker did the audit. Case is in MI.

I think I can bring this up and they will deduct it from my current support order.

jenjen

Yes, I believe you are correct there should be an offset, i am seeking one myself in the state of florida, i am alledged to have past due support owed but, i have had legal custody longer and my x owes me more then what the dept of revenue is claiming i owe my x.

gamma

Your going to have to go round and round with FOC, however it should eventually get credited to your CS. You won't get the money back, but they should credit it. I would start with asking for a complete run down of the account. Your allowed to get one of these once a year. I would put it in writing, everytime you make contact with FOC on anything, put it in writing and write right on it, to be put in file, case # (whatever case number is).

I would see if I could get something from the state that they were overpaid and the overpayment was sent to mom, and send that to FOC also, again put case # on all papers sent to FOC.

Not sure if I get how this all happened, you said before court order you paid off balance, what balance and to whom did you pay this balance off to? You also said before court order you were paying $138 in CS, to whom you were you paying the $138. Unless you were paying through FOC there would be no arrearage. So I am a bit confused. Could be of some more help if you explain this a bit better, I am thinking you had an order and then it was modified or you had a temp while they ran all the numbers, but not sure and can't offer much help without clearing up the confusion. I know Michigan and the system pretty good, would be happy to help you out.