Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Moving out of State  (Read 2865 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 169
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Moving out of State
« on: May 02, 2005, 12:24:30 AM »
I already have read many caselaws from Burgess, Condor, Burchard and more. I am looking for something that addresses the de facto termination of rights because a move would take the children to a place where visitation would not reasonable be able to occur.

Any help is greatly appreciated.



  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 56
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Moving out of State
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 09:45:23 AM »
Do you have any custody at all?  What is the reason for leaving the state?  How old is/are the child(ren)? If your "ex" is able to move out of the state you might want to file a foreign judgment in the new state.  Do you have more information you can give regarding what is happening?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.