Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

opposite sex siblings sharing a room

Started by tish, Oct 19, 2005, 09:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tish

My step kids share a bedroom with their mom.  My SS is 11 and my SD is 14.  Is that against the law.  Someone told me it was but they weren't sure.  They said opposite sex siblings can't share a room at all.  Is that true?

speciallady

Not in any law I've read, however, you might want toplace a call to CPS just to make sure what they say about this....but, please know, most folks do the best they can to provide a roof over the families head and with times being as tough as they are, this might not be a hill worth climbing.
Do you suspect something else is going on here?

Fair_Rulings

You might want to contact DCFS  (Department of Children and Family Services.)  Or you can contact Dependancy Court to find out.  I haven't herd of a law but if there are unusual circumstances or accusations then court orders may apply, but I don't have enough information about your case or if you even have a case to know.  If there isn't any problems then I wouldn't worry about it.  Ask the person that told you it was against the law (but not sure) to state where they're getting the information.  Who knows maybe their getting the info from Mickal Jacksoon.

mishelle2

hello, we had a similar situation, my ss was sharing a room with his mother, had been his entire life, sleeping in same bed. At mediation the mediator told mother child had to be in own room sleeping alone and gave her x amount of time, as she felt the child could have an unneccasary codependency on mom.

Troubledmom

California has nothing in actual law on this matter. The closest thing you can get is in welfare and institution codes where foster care is discussed and in guidelines developed for subsdized housing in the state.

But if Mom claims poverty is preventing them from aquiring a home of adequet size it may be a mute point. Also, if the noncustodial parent has been late or behind in child support she could feasibly blame him for the inability to obtain adequet housing for the children.

TM

BecauseIJustDid

Quote from: mishelle2 on Nov 14, 2005, 07:39:47 PM
hello, we had a similar situation, my ss was sharing a room with his mother, had been his entire life, sleeping in same bed. At mediation the mediator told mother child had to be in own room sleeping alone and gave her x amount of time, as she felt the child could have an unneccasary codependency on mom.

Siblings sharing a room and mother/child sharing a bed are not the same thing.