Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 15, 2024, 10:00:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Driver's License and Insurance

Started by Dr.Stepmom, Jun 18, 2006, 05:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Stepmom

Does anyone know how to find out if someone has a valid California Driver's license and car insurance?  We have the CDL # and a lot of other personal info and info about the car.

Fair_Rulings

I have checked to see if my "ex" had a valid drivers lic by going to the DMV and requesting the form.  I had concerns she was driving my child around on heavy medication and drinking too.  The DMV will only tell you if it is valid or not.  If it's not valid they will not tell you why, but they may give you a code number.  It's a very basic form the DMV gives out and you might even find it on the Internet.  One problem I found was that they told my "ex" that I was requesting the info and then her attorney used it against me in court or at least tried to use it against me.  He told the court I was trying to have her license removed which was not true.  So if you fill out the form make sure you write in something like "This form will be used to insure the safety of child(ren), it is not meant as a complaint".  Or something like that, if you know what I mean.  I don't know how to check for car insurance, sorry I can't be of more help.

/// /// ///

Disclaimer: Not legal advise