Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: emancipated minor and child support  (Read 4507 times)


  • Guest
emancipated minor and child support
« on: Feb 04, 2004, 12:18:49 PM »
im in the process of becoming an emancipated minor.in order to petition the court i need to prove that i will have a stable income to support myself.currently,my father owes over 10,000 dollars in child support.would this debt be relieved if i were to be emancipated,or would child support continue to be issued,and used as proof of help with income?


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 108
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: emancipated minor and child support
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2007, 08:53:28 PM »
If you do this you are considered an adult and you would not get additional child support however the amount that's owed is not dismissed. you can petition the court for the past due amount to be payed to you.....I believe this to be correct


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.