Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Prooving Paternity  (Read 2886 times)


  • Guest
Prooving Paternity
« on: May 15, 2004, 07:25:01 PM »
When my girlfriend gave birth to our son, she didn't put my name on the birth certificate. Our son is now two years old. on christmas eve 2003 she went to jail for violation of probation. I have been the sole provider of support during her incarseration. Unknown to me, she had signed her parental rights over to her parents. I know our child,  is my maternal son but I am not on the birth certificate and I am quickly learning the costs of proving paternity could seperate the two of us indefinatly.


  • Guest
RE: Prooving Paternity
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 06:03:53 PM »
Go immediately to the local courthouse.  They have a legal self help department, and you can file a motion for paternity and primary residential responsibility (child stays with you).  Do it while she is incarserated or else you're going to get screwed--she can take him from you and make you pay lots.  You have no rights until you establish yourself as the biological father.  Seriously brother, if you care for your son you'll do it now.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.