Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: A case for custody?  (Read 1925 times)


  • Guest
A case for custody?
« on: Dec 04, 2003, 04:02:47 PM »
I live in IL so I thought I would post this here as well


I just found the forum and so far it is great. Thank you everyone for the great advice. I am so much more informed now that I have found deltabravo.net.

I am considering filing for custody of my 2 children. They are experienceing alot of problems at home and I wanted to get some advic from the pros before consultng with my atty.

Here are the facts.

BM has moved 7 times in 6 years.

Bm has been remarried and now is divorcing because of domestic violence within this 6 years.

Bm has had several jobs and currently is unemployed in last 6 years.

There is significant evidence of parental alienation syndrome.

One child has attended 4 schools and is in 3rd grade the other 3.

One child had already been held back one year in school due to moving.

Both children are currently failing 3rd grade due to lack of assignments and projects being turned in and a failure to be at school.

Both children have missed over 20 days of school last year and already 10 plus this year.

Children complain of neglect.... no clean clothes so they do not wear socks or underwear to my home since they have none and not being fed properly. I believe that they have told this to the school counselor.

Bm has been accused of drug abuse but this is hearsay... can we request a drug test?

She is always and I really do mean every time, at least one hour late for drop offs and pick ups. This past weekend she was over 2 hours late for the pickup and 4 for the drop off.  

Any information or steps to take would be greatly appreciated.




  • Guest
RE: A case for custody?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »
Hello sir:

It seems to me (and presumably to a court) that your children need stability and your former wife is not capable of providing that.  If you want to modify custody, you have to show a substantial change in circumstances and from what I have read, it seems that there has been such a change.

Please feel free to contact me so that we could discuss your case in more detail.

Very truly yours,

Dean Taradash


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.