Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 02:00:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there any help out there for non custodial fathers

Started by lynda65, Sep 25, 2004, 09:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynda65

Please Help...My husband is the non custodial parent of 3 children he is in jail in the State of Ky for Contempt of court for being behind in child support. He was paying child support when he had jobs and called the county attorney in Ky when he lost his job. They say he is 4700 dollars which I cant believe is possibe because they said he was only  behind 15 weeks in arrears. He was paying 386 dollars a month on a 6 dollar and hour job for three children. He lost his job and they issued a warrant for his arrest. He was taken from the state of IL where we live and where the custodial mother and children live and put in a county jail in KY. The custodial mother moved to ky for about 5 months is 2001 and started the child support order  then moved back to the state of IL. My husband has no legal visitation to his children she only lets him see them whenever she wanted to. When she didnt she kept the children away from him.  He was sentenced to  6 months in jail or he was to pay 4700 dollars. He was sentenced without a lawyer or public defender. I dont know if that is legal or not in the state of Ky. But we had a lawyer he never showed up for court with him and he knew he had court.  Then about 2 weeks after my husband went to jail I got a letter in the mail from a collection agency saying that my husband owes the state of IL 5100 dollars in child support to the Illinois department of public aid for the same children. I called and found out that at some point when my husband was having his checks garnished IL collected it instead of Ky. So they have taken child support from him also. Can someone help me find out if my husbands rights have been violated and which state has priority over this case.

MYSONSDAD

Post this on Soc's board

"Children learn what they live"