Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Is there any help out there for non custodial fathers  (Read 3440 times)


  • Guest
Is there any help out there for non custodial fathers
« on: Sep 25, 2004, 09:51:25 PM »
Please Help...My husband is the non custodial parent of 3 children he is in jail in the State of Ky for Contempt of court for being behind in child support. He was paying child support when he had jobs and called the county attorney in Ky when he lost his job. They say he is 4700 dollars which I cant believe is possibe because they said he was only  behind 15 weeks in arrears. He was paying 386 dollars a month on a 6 dollar and hour job for three children. He lost his job and they issued a warrant for his arrest. He was taken from the state of IL where we live and where the custodial mother and children live and put in a county jail in KY. The custodial mother moved to ky for about 5 months is 2001 and started the child support order  then moved back to the state of IL. My husband has no legal visitation to his children she only lets him see them whenever she wanted to. When she didnt she kept the children away from him.  He was sentenced to  6 months in jail or he was to pay 4700 dollars. He was sentenced without a lawyer or public defender. I dont know if that is legal or not in the state of Ky. But we had a lawyer he never showed up for court with him and he knew he had court.  Then about 2 weeks after my husband went to jail I got a letter in the mail from a collection agency saying that my husband owes the state of IL 5100 dollars in child support to the Illinois department of public aid for the same children. I called and found out that at some point when my husband was having his checks garnished IL collected it instead of Ky. So they have taken child support from him also. Can someone help me find out if my husbands rights have been violated and which state has priority over this case.


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1730
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Is there any help out there for non custodial fathers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2004, 12:22:34 PM »
Post this on Soc's board

"Children learn what they live"


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.