Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:40:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

who had referee dunham? Hennepin county

Started by spinner, Feb 01, 2004, 01:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimmel

My DH had Dunham. He is CP, and wanted a set visitation schedule to keep the NC BM from manupulating the skids to battle DH on her behalf for visitation times and dates. DH also requested a finding of comtempt against BM for nonpayment of CS and medical support (going on 4 years now - won't get a job so wages can't be garnished). BM was unable to substantiate any of her reasons for not working and was caught lying in court about several issues.

Dunham sat on his ruling for over 90 days, during which time BM failed to return the skids on time from visits twice (1-2 days late), and then stated her intention of retaining permanent custody of the youngest (even after a warning by Duhman to return her to DH) - DH had to obtain a court order so that police would remove her from BM's home and give her back to DH.

When the ruling came down, Dunham ignored all BM's lies and antics, did not address any of the CS issues, did not address the contempt issues, and did not award DH court costs as requested. Dunham reduced BM's arrearages retroactively, even though this is against state law. The visitation schedule was a boiler plate one that gave BM much more time with the skids and had many ambiguities about pick-up/drop-off times. It was as if Dunham had not referred to the case notes at all when making the ruling.

Our lawyer had warned us in advance that Dunham is considered a "loose cannon" in the local court system, but didn't request another referee be scheduled. Clearly, he should have.

spinner

my lawyer tried to get him out but he refused.
he was more than a loose canon on my case, ...
most of my misery ended when he retired.... last november 2004

spinner

PS: now I have Jeannice Reding no clue if she is biaised any insight?