Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Child support enforcement and how to stop it ?  (Read 2467 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 385
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Child support enforcement and how to stop it ?
« on: Apr 19, 2004, 04:27:40 PM »
my ex after 3 years of battle finaly came to sense and we are "talking" and everything is great.

I am gona change job AND told her that the CS office won't know and she won't get a check for a while then they will take more, ...

She is pissed, I told her, well maybe if we get off the CS agency, ... I can send you checks, ...

Anyway: how do we get of of them ? and go back to me sending her a check ?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: 9
    • View Profile
RE: Child support enforcement and how to stop it ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2004, 07:26:36 PM »
As far as I know, in Minnesota you CAN'T get out of income withholding without a court hearing.  Someone did it a while ago I think, but that is all I remember -- and it may not be right.  

However, to avoid arrears, there is nothing stopping you from sending your own check in to the child support office until the new employer gets the income withholding.

Also, check your court order very carefully.  Dh's two support orders (he pays on one and is paid on the other -- two pbfhs) BOTH say that BOTH parties have to notify each other AND CSE within 10 days of any changes in employment, address and/or phone number.

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.