S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: How do you file a claim?  (Read 1842 times)

spinner

• View Profile
How do you file a claim?
« on: Jul 14, 2004, 03:43:20 PM »
I know this isn't a divorce matter but I am in minnesota and I have one of my client (I do freelance) that refuses to pay my invoices, how can I take that to court or mediation or, ... ????

lucky

• View Profile
Conciliation court....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2004, 04:24:51 PM »
Here's a link to the site with some forms.

http://www.courts.state.mn.us/ctforms/Conciliation_index.asp
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Lawmoe

• View Profile
RE: How do you file a claim?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2004, 08:06:13 AM »
If the claim  is under $7,500 you may file in conciliation court which is Minnesota's version of small claims court.  to do so, you must go to the COurt Administrator's Office, ideally in the county where the client resides, and acquire a Cociliatin Court Complaint.  It is of the fill in the blank varriety and self explanatory.

It is served on the other party and a date for court is immediately set.

For Minnesota Legal Answers and Debt Collection visit http://www.minnesotalawyers.com

spinner

• View Profile
RE: How do you file a claim?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2004, 08:20:20 AM »
thanks much for the answers everyone

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.