Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: cs hearing coming up  (Read 1923 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 260
  • Karma: -1
    • View Profile
cs hearing coming up
« on: Sep 08, 2004, 01:36:04 PM »
BM will ask magistrate to base cs on her income. DH will ask them to base it on her ability to earn. She has not worked full-time in at least 12 years. (That is how old her oldest child is.) She was supposed to be a full-time parent when dh and her were together. When they split up, she lived off of his cs payments. Now she doesn't have the kids anymore, and therefore, has no reason not to work full time. Her education and work background and present employment are as a nursing assistant. There are TONS of jobs of that type in MN right? So if her current employer doesn't have full-time work for her she could work somewhere else. She just doesn't want to work, and doesn't think she should have to. I may sound ruthless, (and I don't mean to) but my husband has been paying her more than we can afford to spend on groceries for years, while we have been the ones taking care of the kids.

If anyone has any experience with this issue that can help us out, I'd appreciate it.


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 282
  • Karma: -1
    • View Profile
RE: cs hearing coming up
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2004, 03:45:08 PM »
You have the right arguments. Don't forget to support them with industry records regarding the availabilityof jobs in her field. You may also wish to seek an investigation and affidavit from a Qualified Rehabilitative Consultant regarding the prevailing wage for Nursing Assistants in your area and the availablility of jobs.

As a Minnesota lawyer, that is what I would do.

For Minnesota Answers visit http://www.divorceprofessionals.com


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.